Thursday, August 12, 2010

Make a Wish

Hi everyone!  Hope your week has been going well.  It's been a hot one here...kind of makes me excited for the cooler fall weather that will be here before we know it.  Fall is definitely my favorite time of year - jeans and sweatshirts, football games, pumpkin spice candles, visits to the pumpkin patch, and lots of baking.....things to look forward to!

I found another card challenge that I decided to enter this week.  It's the EtsyInspired Challenge, and it just so happens to be their 100 challenge this week.  (So the prize package is pretty awesome!)  This challenge site features an Etsy shop and we were to find inspiration there to base our project on.  This week's shop was Cathy Walter's.  She makes beautiful pendants for necklaces.  I saw so many that I just loved.  And I have to be honest...I've tried about 4 projects for this challenge, but nothing seemed to be working out this week!  So I'm finally settling on a tag that I made today.  My inspiration came from her "Make a Wish Pendant":


This is the back of the pendant - more inspiration!


And here's my take - thanks to her inspiration:

I love cupcakes, so I used my Studio G stamp and paperpieced the cupcake and adhered it with popdots.  The "MAKE" is from an old Scrabble game, the "A" is from Karen Foster (I've had that alpha set for a while) and "WISH" is from Cosmo Cricket.  I decided to add a fabric ruffle to the bottom - that was my favorite part of the whole project.  I gathered it with some loose stitches first, then ruffled it and attached it with a zig-zag stitch.  I generally make cards, but I really had fun with this tag and think I need to make some more! :)


Thanks for looking!  God bless!
-Rachel-

3 comments:

  1. Cute cupcake and I love the scrabble tiles...very fun! Plus the ruffled fabric at the bottom is a wonderful way to dress up the tag and bag! Thanks for playing in the Etsy Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag! So ingenious!

    Thanks so much for helping EtsyInspired celebrate our 100th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a delicious cupcake ... wonderful inspired design.

    ReplyDelete