Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Couple of Cards

Hello!  I submitted some cards last week for Paper Crafts recent call, but unfortunately none were accepted.  So now I can share them here instead.  I had one card accepted last fall, but haven't had any luck since then which is a little frustrating.  I know there are so many talented people that are submitting as well, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.  So I will continue to try, and most importantly I want to enjoy the process.  I need to always remember that this is supposed to be a hobby!  Getting a card accepted in a magazine would just be a huge bonus.

So without further ado, here are a couple of those cards:



The "hi" card is from Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday line, and the "happy Birthday" card uses Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird line.  I love both of these lines!  A hint on the scallops on the "hi" card:  I just used a circle punch and then cut them in half to make the scallops.  On the birthday card (which is now in my sister's hands - hope your birthday was great!), the flower is made from 4 scalloped circles.  (I have the Stampin' Up scallop circle punch.)  I fold each circle in half, then overlap them, like you do when you're trying to close up a cardboard box, gluing them down as you go.  That might be as clear as mud, so if anyone is interested, I can try to show pictures to better demonstrate that. 

I'll save some more for next time.  Until then, have a wonderful and safe 4th!

God bless!
-Rachel-

No comments:

Post a Comment