Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School Treats

Hello!  Hope you're having a great week so far!

Well, two of my kids headed back to school today and my youngest goes back tomorrow.  I'll admit my eyes were a little watery today to see my oldest walk into high school.  Doesn't seem possible.  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was walking her into kindergarten? (I definitely had watery eyes that day, too.) 

My youngest is starting 1st grade tomorrow, so I came up with a little bag of treats and a card for her teacher.  It's always nice to start the year off with a little chocolate, right?!  The card is made from some Cosmo Cricket paper (red polka dot) and some October Afternoon (school ledger).  Love these papers together!  I used my computer to print out the sentiment and used my circle punch to make it into a little tag.  The pencil was just glued onto the paper with the ribbon tied onto it.  Pretty simple, but a fun little card to make.


The cookies were just put in a cellophane bag and topped with a simple paper topper.  The "ENJOY" are Jenni Bowlin stickers.

Here's a closer look at the card:


By the way, these cookies are one of our favorites:  Monster Cookies.  If anyone's interested, here's the recipe:

Monster Cookies:
1/2 cup softened butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. + 2 Tbl. brown sugar
3 eggs
2 c. (18 oz. container) peanut butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
4+1/2 c. regular oats
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. m&m's
3/4 c. chocolate chips

Cream butter, gradually add sugars.  Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla and beat well.  Add oats, soda and salt.  Stir in m&m's and chocolate chips.  Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. 

I get about 5 dozen smaller size cookies, but they taste great as monster size, of course. 

Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a great rest of the week!
-Rachel-



No comments:

Post a Comment