Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sock Monkey Love

Hello!

Hope you've been having a good week.  It's been a crazy, busy week here, but I've managed to get a few projects done, and have others still in the works.   My nephew turns 3 this weekend, and I've finally completed his gift.  To backtrack a little, 4 years ago I spied this little book and so began my love for sock monkeys.


So I found a pattern and made my first sock monkey for my daughter.  For four years now, she has LOVED her sock monkey, sleeping with it every night.  It's looking a little stained and worn, but she loves it the same.  About a year ago we decided "Mr. Sock Monkey" needed a family, so I made "Mrs. Sock Monkey".  Thankfully I found a baby sock monkey in a store, because I don't think I could make one that small.  Here's her little monkey family:


Since then, I've made a few monkeys for friends and also my niece.  My sister told me that her son needed one of his own, so that's what I decided to do for his birthday.  Since his dad is a HUGE Phillies fan, I made the simple t-shirt so Sock Monkey can be a Phillies fan, too.


They all come out a little different, with little imperfections and all (since I'm not a perfectionist when I sew!!).  Of course I needed a matching card for him, so this is what I came up with. 


Yesterday I started a bag for myself, using my Cosmo Cricket fabric, and I hope to finish that up today.  It felt good to do some sewing projects again! 

Do you have other hobbies besides the paper-crafting type??  I'd love to hear about it!

Enjoy your day!!
-Rachel-

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making Owen so happy with his new monkey! He snuggles it close when he's sleeping.

    And thanks for a fun time at Scrapfest 2010 - let's make it an annual tradition???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sock monkey card turned out so cute!!! I love how you improvised! Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete